03 June, 2011

ARTastic ~ Gals Day Out...

YAY its Friday Already!!!

ONe of the good news that I wanna share is... I am the new DT over at ARTastic Blog Challenge...Wooohoo!!!... Mel O'Neil(thanks bestie) recommended me to try my luck for the DT call over at ARTastic Challenge blog!!! And I am truly honoured to be able to work with the rest of the team, Very talented ladies... (Thank you so much Shazza!!!) ... For most what I really like about ARTastic is ...I'm able to challenge myself working on a LO based on the painting...of course with couples of add-ons criteria. Which allow me to think more outta box!!!???

For June Challenge ...this is the painting to get inspiration from (awesome isn't it)...its a gorgeous painting called 'argenteuil' by Edouard Manet
 
So here I'm sharing my 1st LO...!!! YAY !!! And I really like this LO so much!!! SO FLUKE!!! Ideas just pop naturally!!!...
For extra points you also need to include for
1. Two people in the photo = ONE Point
2. Use striped paper= TWO Points
3.Include a boat somewhere...= THREE Points

Seriously the pastel blue and boat...were pretty much a challenge for me... I had to go online and bought these beautiful PP from Websters Pages... And as most of you’d know... WP..is not easy for me to work on... But I pretty much nailed it I THINK (clearing throat!!!)...I did lotsa fussy cutting as WP PP is pretty as it is…some distressing with TH walnut distressing ink…Add on banner.. for the striped paper… and see my “boat” on the left…!!! YAY I really like this!!! HAHA





PP: Websters Pages Yacht Club Collection
Fussy Cutting - WP flowers, Studio Calico
AC Foam Thickers, Jane Doodle Stamps
Tim Holtz Walnut Distressed ink
Kaisercraft Sailing tickets

And I really hope you ladies can join in the fun with me over at June ARTastic Challenge... Since it’s my 1st month... show me the love! (wink) **And if you play along for the 1st time.. do mention my name... I'd get an extra DT points for that**... hugs...xoxo

And yes don’t forget to join me over at ScrapbookersAnonymous June Challenge… as well… Please POP over HERE

Thank you so much ladies for all your love and sweet comments!! It really means the world to ME!

**Pssst I know SUPER LONG POST!!!* Sorry if I bored you ladies...xoxo

20 comments:

yyam said...

Congrats on the new DT gig!!!!

What a fabulous page! I'll make time to play along and "support" you!!!

Happy Friday!!!!

~amy~ said...

wooooooo hoooooooooo!!! Congrats!!! I love your layout...soooo very coolio...gotta love that banner!

Cecelia said...

Great LO! Welcome to the team!!

Hugs xx
Cecelia B

Blossom inch said...

First of all congrats sis' you well deserve it...and what a fun layout. As for me WP papers are so hard to work with...very nice but...you know. I love the banner and your title is like dancing with the banner...love it sis.
Thanks for sharing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS girl!! That is AWESOME!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo! I love love love love that lighthouse and the banner! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sandi said...

A big congrats to you! LOVE this lo! Looks so nice...put together perfectly! I'm going to check out that site and send some love your way over there as well! :)

Sudha said...

Wow congrats dear.
Lovely adorable creation.

Dora said...

First I love this lo....and whooooo congrats girl!

Mazlina said...

wonderful colors and papers lynda!! love them to bits.. :)) cantek la.. love how u did the title too...

cant wait for our gals day out on sun.. ;)

Mazlina said...

and oohhh congrats for the new DT!!!!!! you deserved it of course!!

Ros said...

Congrats on the DT post ... love these papers ... and you did nail it!

cnelson said...

Congrats on the DT spot! LOVE everything about this lo!!!

liana suwandi said...

yay... lynda.. congrats on DT post, hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Congrats.. That is such happy news..
I think they picked the right gal for the job.. Your LO looks amazing.. Including this one my friend.. I LOVE it... Hope you are having a happy friday..

Hugs, Linda

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Congrats on the new DT spot, you are a busy gal!!
Beautiful layout, love that WP paper and the ocean theme!

Lea said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats!!!! Love this!!! That sail boat and the way you did the title are awesome!!!

Yara said...

Yey!!!! Congrats in your new DT position! You deserve it! You are awesome!!! Love, love what you did at your layout! Very inspiring and beautiful! Love this collection of Websters!

Dorothy said...

very impressive LO! i learned lots of tips. tfs! :)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Congratulations! They are lucky to have you! Love your page, the banner and the collection is perfect for this painting! Great work :)

Chantelle said...

Hi Lynnda - love your take on the challenge for ARTastic - well done - you are so good with all that cutting. Looking forward to working alongside you in the DT!!